Gazebo conveyor belt plugin

Hi,
this is my first time posting and I wanted to tell that I have separated the Gazebo Conveyor Belt from OSRF ARIAC package into it’s own plugin, it’s still a work in progress, since it is my first dapple into C++ code and working on plugins.

You can find the source in github.

If the OSRF makes a “official” package, then I will mark this as a deprecated plugin and point into the better one.

Edit

I made some modifications and now you can change the maximum velocity of the belt. It also “respawns” back at starting point, when it has moved 40% of the upper limit specified in the joint.

4 Likes

Hi Gunarok this is my first time in this site an also my first question.
When i read your post i was very happy , because i wanted a conveyor simulator for my project.
So first off all thank you very much for sharing with us your work.
So i followed your instruction on GitHub but it didn’t worked for me.
When I type
rosservice call /depia_all/conveyor/control “power: 15.0” in the terminal
I get
success :True
But nothing moves.

The only thing i did it was to import on my URDF file the

<robot_namespace>/robot_ns</robot_namespace>
depia_all
<update_rate>10</update_rate>
<max_velocity>0.2</max_velocity>

as you mentioned.
So I want to ask you
the name belt_link in belt_link must remain the same ass you have on GitHub or I should change it with my own, as I did. And if I change it, witch name should I give. I think the name of the link that should move. Am I wrong ?
The link that suppose moves must have a with another link in the urdf? and what kind of a joint?
Before I use your plugin I had a prismatic joint between the conveyor belt and the conveyor base, and I control it with the gazebo_ros_control. I have to erase that control?
Thank’s in advance for your Help
I am sorry for my bad English.
George Karalekas.

Hi,
sorry that I haven’t replied anything. I have been busy with things.

I created a simple demo how the plugin works. Hopefully it helps you and others who might have some issues on getting it to work.

Thank you very much Hannu Henttinen.

Στις Τρί, 29 Ιουν 2021, 17:20 ο χρήστης Hannu Henttinen via Gazebo Community <gazebo@discoursemail.com> έγραψε:

Heyy i used ur code and after i launched the conveyor i can’t find convoyer control in rosservice list?? What did i miss

Did you try the demo code? It is hard to diagnose the problem, when I don’t know what has been done :slight_smile:

Yes i cloned yr"conveyor_demo" package

And you cloned it as recursive, so you have src/demo_world and src/gazebo-conveyor ?

Yes i did. And i added the plugin at the end of the urdf