Community meeting: MOV.AI Flow ROS IDE (Apr 2022)

Community meeting: MOV.AI Flow ROS IDE (Apr 2022)

Hi, community! :gazebo:

Next week we’re excited to welcome MOV.AI at our monthly community meeting!

MOV.AI Flow

Do you need to quickly start simulating robots but don’t know how?

MOV.AI is releasing Flow™ - a source available software - to the community. It is a new web based IDE that simplifies ROS development and execution, fully integrated with Gazebo. Robots and ROS Nodes are represented by drag-and-drop blocks with I/Os that can be linked to build complex state machines.

The session is intended for anyone developing Robots - from novices to senior developers - and will serve to show how you can give life to your simulated robots from AMRs to robot arms, or from submarines to drones. Simply drag and drop Flow robot drivers, and you are able to control your simulated robot, as well as read its many sensors. You’ll learn how to quickly deploy ROS bridges and from there develop your own complete sim robot drivers. Spoiler Alert: You don’t need a terminal, roslauncher nor a single command line! They will also present a very handy GUI - the Fuel World Launcher.

flow_teaser1

flow_teaser8

flow_teaser4

flow_teaser3

Meeting details

:clock3: Date: 2022-04-27T17:00:00Z

:desktop_computer: Place: Virtual at Google Meet

:calendar: Event: Gazebo community calendar

:mag_right: Topic: MOV.AI Flow ROS IDE

:spiral_notepad: Agenda: Everyone is welcome to add items to the agenda.

As always, the meeting will be recorded and posted to the community meetings playlist on the GazeboSim YouTube channel. Check out the playlist for past meetings!

Are you doing anything interesting with Gazebo? Show it off to the community! Send me a private message so we can figure out the best date.

Do you want to see some specific topic covered? Please comment below!

See you then!

:gazebo: Gazebo Development Team :gazebo:

11 Likes

Wow! This is amazing and huge useful!

So look forward to try it out!

BTW do you, gazebo team, planning to make this as a game engine in future too? I feel like this can be used for model animation, robot simulation and game engine than just robot simulations now.

2 Likes

Guys, it was great session, could you please share the recorded version of it? Thanks

ok, thank you, looking forward

Thanks to the presenters and to everyone who attended! Here’s the recording in case you missed it:

YouTube

Vimeo

3 Likes

Hi everyone
Once again, thanks to all the participants of the session.
I want to announce :loudspeaker: that Flow is now publicly available!
You can find it here Visual ROS IDE - free and open

Feedback is really important at this stage so please check it out and let me know what you think

2 Likes