Community Meeting: Cloud simulation (January 2023)

Happy new year community,

After the holiday break, it’s time for another meeting. This time the topic is cloud simulation :partly_sunny:.

In this presentation we’ll be showing a demo we’ve created of a 4-legged, wheeled vehicle running in a simulated environment based on the Rubicon trail. The goal of this demo was to create an experience that was as user friendly as possible and could be accessed without concern for hardware or software requirements. As such this demo is controlled and visualized through a web interface while the simulation itself is run on the cloud via Cloudsim. We’ll be showcasing our custom UI, rendering features, and “game mechanics” as well as discussing some of the work that went into the making everything function in the cloud.

Here’s the agenda:

1. Latest Gazebo news
  2. Rubicon trail demo on CloudSim
  3. Optional: Lighting talks

We opened a slot for short (3 minutes) lighting presentations. If you’re interested in talking about your Gazebo project contact me (caguero AT openrobotics DOT org) and I’ll book your slot.

Meeting details

:clock3: Date: 2023-01-25T18:00:00Z
:desktop_computer: Place: Virtual at Google Meet
:calendar: Event: Calendar event
:mag_right: Topic: Cloud simulations
:spiral_notepad: Agenda: Everyone is welcome to add items to the agenda .

Important: This meeting will not be recorded due to contractual reasons. You still can check the previous community meetings playlist on the GazeboSim YouTube channel. Check out the playlist for past meetings!

Be sure to subscribe to the Gazebo community calendar to receive invitations to the meeting every month.

See you there!

The Gazebo Dev Team

Important: This meeting will not be recorded due to contractual reasons.

Dumb question, but does this mean we will unable to see the recorded video anymore for good?

I’m really excited about this meeting.My name is Davies and im a ros developer from Nigeria.I will love to present a short 3 minutes on ros1 bridge. Simulation of a robot , bridging from ros1 to ros2 and writing simple ros2 node that subscribes /publishes to ros2 topics bridge from ros1.I await your reply.can i send an email over ?

Regards ,

Davies .O

Hi do we have any update regarding the installation of IGN Gazebo, now Gazebo in Arch-linux?

Regards,
Alejandro

Davis, you’re more than welcome to present it. Are you still interested?

Unfortunately we cannot record this meeting but we’ll resume the recordings in the future Gazebo Community meetings.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification! See you at meeting!

Is the meeting still on , because its 12 am thursaday W.A.T my time .

The January meeting was yesterday but we’re happy to count on your lighting talk for the February meeting if you’re interested.