Community meeting: Open 3D Engine for ROS simulations

We’re back after ROSCon and ready for another meeting! This time we’ll have a presentation about a sibling project: an open source real-time 3D engine (O3DE) and how they created a simulator with it.

O3DE is a new open source simulation engine for ROS 2, excelling at simulation of integrated robotic use cases which focus on perception, behaviors and productivity. Adam will present some of its strengths, features and developer interfaces. O3DE is meant to be complementary to Gazebo, but superior to other game engines for robotic simulation.

Here’s the agenda:

1. Latest Gazebo news - Addisu Tadesse (Intrinsic)
  2. Open 3D Engine for ROS simulations - Adam Dąbrowski (Robotec)
  3. Optional: Lighting talks

We opened a slot for short (3 minutes) lighting presentations. If you’re interested in talking about your Gazebo project contact me (caguero AT openrobotics DOT org) and I’ll book your slot.

Meeting details

:clock3: Date: 2023-10-31T17:00:00Z
:desktop_computer: Place: Virtual at Google Meet
:calendar: Event: Calendar event
:mag_right: Topic: Open 3D Engine for ROS simulations
:spiral_notepad: Agenda: Everyone is welcome to add items to the agenda .

The meeting will be recorded and posted to Vimeo (Open Robotics). Check out the past meetings!

Be sure to subscribe to the Open Source Robotics Foundation official events calendar to receive invitations to the meeting every month.

See you there!

The Gazebo Dev Team

2 Likes

@caguero

I have joined Google calendar gazebo community but i do not see the meeting schedule with it. I am not sure if this is happening only to me… :cry: could you check?

@fujitatomoya, I just updated the calendar. This event is now included within the official OSRF events calendar. You can subscribe to the new calendar and unsubscribe from the old one as it’s no longer valid.

Awesome . Will be there .

2 Likes