[GSoC] Demos for Ignition knowledge base project discussion

Dear Gazebo community, my name is Hsieh Chia Yun.
I’m an Electronic Engineering M.S student at the National Taipei University of Technology in Taiwan. I majored in Computer Sciences at my college as well as Mechanical Engineering at high school.

I have started to learn ROS and Gazebo for a few months and built a turtlebot3 on last month. I also try to use velodyne to collect point clouds.

Because of the paper SIPP, I am interested in motion planning and I try to use“sbpi_dynamic_pinner”on my turtlebot3. I would like to write a tutorial to those beginner just like I was.

I’m planning my project and I hope to receive some feedbacks from @chapulina.

Hi @HSIEH_CY, thank you for the interest in the project.

Some tutorials using the Turtlebot to do motion planning would definitely be beneficial to the entire community. Note that this project is about writing tutorials for the Ignition simulator, not for Gazebo.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you need feedback.

Dear @chapulina

I made mistakes at the project, but I believe my proposal will be helps for newbies in the community.

I hope we could discuss my proposal more. But I’m not sure who will be potential mentors . So if I could have this opportunity, It will be wonderful to meet you and those people.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter!

1 Like

Dear @chapulina

I already read the turtlebot3 official doc and try to let TurtleBot3 Waffle Pi move ,the turtlebot3 using with ROS Melodic is different using ROS Kinetic so it take me some times :slightly_smiling_face:

Just want let you know everything is going according to the schedule.

1 Like