Community Meeting: Road networks (March 2023)

Hello community,

It’s time to see our faces again. This month the topic is road networks :motorway:.

Road networks are at the core of autonomous driving. Agents (i.e., cars) that plan routes along roads need to be able to query the network, from basic geometric questions to more advanced concepts like physical constraints and dynamic rules. The agent might further want to take account of time-based rules such as traffic lights and other interactions with infrastructure or non-vehicle entities in the road network.

Maliput addresses this need by providing a library for representing road networks and answering queries about them. MaliputViz is part of the maliput family. It offers a maliput road network visualizer for its analysis, which is built on top of gz-gui.

Useful links:

Here’s the agenda:

1. Latest Gazebo news: Addisu Taddese (Intrinsic)
  2. Road networks, maliput and and maliput visualized in Gazebo: Agustin Alba, Eloy Briceno and Franco Cipollone (Ekumen)
  3. Optional: Lighting talks

We opened a slot for short (3 minutes) lighting presentations. If you’re interested in talking about your Gazebo project contact me (caguero AT openrobotics DOT org) and I’ll book your slot.

Meeting details

:clock3: Date: 2023-03-29T17:00:00Z
:desktop_computer: Place: Virtual at Google Meet
:calendar: Event: Calendar event
:mag_right: Topic: Road networks
:spiral_notepad: Agenda: Everyone is welcome to add items to the agenda .

The meeting will be recorded and posted to the community meetings playlist on the GazeboSim YouTube channel. Check out the playlist for past meetings!

Be sure to subscribe to the Gazebo community calendar to receive invitations to the meeting every month.

See you there!

The Gazebo Dev Team

3 Likes

Awesome , i look forward to it.

Here is a recording of the community meeting for those who couldn’t make it.