Migration of awesome-gazebo repo to OSRF

Dear all,

I’ve initiated the repository GitHub - fkromer/awesome-gazebo: Gazebo, the simulation framework for ROS1 and ROS2 is awesome!

Unfortunately i don’t have the time to take care of the repository as it deserves. I’d love to hand-over the repository to one of you OSRF guys. Please get in contact with me and pass the GitHub account suitable for migration.

Kind regards, Florian

Hello Florian:

I personally have interest for ways of having and maintaining the documentation collections for Gazebo and even maintain/develop from time to time a pet project of an index for the new Gazebo Gazebo Documentation Index based on this Index structure.

Back to your proposal, I would say that hosting your repository for the good-old Gazebo-classic/Gazebo11 is probably nowadays out of the scope of the OSRF to add Gazebo11 content to the organization. However it might useful to include the link somewhere in Gazebo README.md or other documentation place and keep your user in the URI as credit for the work done.

Thanks Florian.

Hi Jose,

Back to your proposal, I would say that hosting your repository for the good-old Gazebo-classic/Gazebo11 is probably nowadays out of the scope of the OSRF to add Gazebo11 content to the organization.

I‘m not up to date with recent development of the Gazebo and totally agree. I‘m happy to reference the Gazebo documentation index in the project. I‘ll keep the project archived.

Thanks,
Florian

1 Like

We should talk about this at some point in the future. I have four weeks of ROS news just sitting in a Github repository. I would like to get it out in the public for everyone to use.

1 Like