Download gazebo with humble

Hi ,
I’m a beginner in ros and gazebo. I try to download gazebo in ubuntu 20.4 and ros2 I use is humble. I have below error when try to follow the tutorial. I try some way suggest on github but it not solve the issue. Could you guy give me the advice or solution to fix this issue please?

sudo apt -y install \
  $(sort -u $(find . -iname 'packages-'`lsb_release -cs`'.apt' -o -iname 'packages.apt' | grep -v '/\.git/') | sed '/gz\|sdf/d' | tr '\n' ' ')
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libogre-next-2.3-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libogre-next-2.3-dev'

Hi,

I don’t think you can download humble on 20.04 through apt. I believe each ros is for each ubuntu version. 20.04 is the Foxy.

I tried humble by source though but I felt there is limited.

As for Gazebo part, be sure you follow the instruction which can be seen here

If I remember correctly, Humble on 20.04 is Tier 3 support, so there could be APT packages, but their working is not guaranteed.

Hello Jack, if I understand it correctly you are trying to install ROS 2 Humble on Ubuntu 20.04 (note, that as @peci1 mentioned this is a Tier 3 platform for ROS2) and would be important to mention which Gazebo release are you using and what tutorial are you following.

Given that you are having problems with libogre-next-2.3-dev package and the only release of Gazebo using is Gazebo Garden I assume that it is the one you are using. For Garden, according to the combinations available for Garden + Humble you will need to do a from source installation since the Gazebo supported by ROS 2 Humble packages from ROS 2 repositories is Gazebo Fortress.

I assume that you are following the from source installation tutorial of Gazebo Garden. The ogre-next-2.3 packages are in packages.osrfoundation.org repository for Ubuntu Focal and Ubuntu Jammy so my hypothesis is that somehow you did not install correctly that repository. The instructions are in the same tutorial a bit above of the step that is failing for you.

Hope it helps.