Roadmap to Omniverse Application

Hi,

I happened to have a quick question when I found the roadmap below.

it just says Omniverse application for Garden roadmap.

is there any issue or description about details/motivation for this development? if not, could anyone kindly elaborate that a little bit?

thanks,

Hi @fujitatomoya ,

We’re working with NVIDIA to provide Ignition Gazebo as an application inside Omniverse. Once Gazebo is connected to Omniverse, it will be possible to use it together with other applications in that ecosystem, like Isaac Sim, Blender, etc. Here’s an article with more information:

Cheers

2 Likes

@chapulina

appreciate for the quick reply :+1:

So is this Omniverse application supposed to mean that kind of ignition bridge application is built on top of Omniverse Kit to connect Ignition Gazebo? i am interested in architecture how it would be integrated with Omniverse.

Yes, I believe so. @ahcorde may be able to provide more specific implementation details.

1 Like

Hi @fujitatomoya, sorry for the late response.

We are working in two fronts:

• We are creating standalone converters between sdf and usd formats. You be able to convert and run worlds from both formats in both simulators.

For example this model was described in a USD file and now you can use it in Ignition too:
kaya

Or viceversa:

• The other front is about a connector that will allow to interact with the world in Ignition and visualize the changes in IssacSim and viceversa. If you want to try it this is the repository. It’s a work in progress, you might find some issues.

ignition_issac2

Anyhow we are happy to get some feedback, you can file issues with bugs or comments.

Regards

4 Likes

@ahcorde really appreciate for the explanation, that helps a lot for our understanding! thanks.