Looking for advice on issue reporting

Hi,
I’m studying software testing in the field of robotics, and I’m new to the community. Recently I submitted a few issues, and haven’t got response yet. Hence, I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. I understand that developers have their work pace, and I’m not being pushy of course. I just want to know if there is anything I can do to be more helpful. I have read the documentation, and know that issues should be discussed on the forum first. However, the issues I submitted may differ from those discussed on Stack Exchange, as the test cases may be synthesized. Therefore, I submitted them to the issue tracker. Is this appropriate?

If it is proper to directly submit issue reports, are there any suggestions on which repository to choose? Currently, I am selecting based on the stack trace from program crashes. However, I noticed that an issue I submitted to gz-common (Crash with stack trace gz::common::absPath · Issue #614 · gazebosim/gz-common · GitHub) might be more appropriate be fixed in gz-sim. Since I am testing Gazebo as a whole system, should I submit issues to gz-sim?

Additionally, I wonder if there is anything else where I could be helpful? I’m more than willing to contribute to the community.

Best,

I think your approach is good. If you discover a clear problem, there’s no need to discuss it on SE.

The question where to submit the bug is a bit harder. I get it that gz-sim isnl the catch-all repo for general public who see some undesired behavior of the simulator and don’t have the urge to trace down the exact component responsible for the bug. But if you identify the component, it seems to me better to submit the bug directly there. This is at least the rule I use personally.

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I’ll try to look into the root causes for further issues before reporting.