We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.4 of the VRX simulation platform! The VRX platform is a virtual environment built in Gazebo, designed for accelerating development of unmanned surface vehicles. It also serves as the “venue” for the VRX 2022 Competition, a virtual competition closely coordinated with RobotX 2022.
This release adds several features and improvements to the VRX platform in preparation for the VRX 2022 Competition. These include:
- A new arena, inspired by the Sydney International Regatta Centre (the designated venue for RobotX 2022)
- New buoys matching specifications of the RobotX 2022 course elements
- Updated Wiki with revised and expanded tutorials
- Official support for ROS Noetic / Gazebo 11
- For additional details please see the changelog.
As a reminder, VRX 2022 is open to any student team affiliated with an educational institution. Please see the VRX Introduction for an overview of the event and key dates.
What’s coming next :
- VRX Release and Competition Tutorials – now available!
- Workshop & Kickoff – October 2021
- Competition Phase 1 – December 2021
- Competition Phase 2 – March 2022
- Finals – April 2022
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
The VRX Technical Team: Brian, Carlos, Carson and Michael